Wednesday 11 December 2013

Home Made Ground Meat (Beef)

Remember last summer's horse meat scandal - #Horsemeatgate #FoodFraud? Well I certainly can't forget! The memory has been permanently etched into my brain. Being an adventurous (foodie) soul, I personally don't have any problem legally/ethically trying out horse meat, but I do reserve the right to know what I am eating with the assurance that any horse meat that lands in my plate is bred solely for eating (apparently some of the horse meat from the summer scandal were from slaughtered race horses which contained with the steroid - phenylbutazone).
Anyway, this has now geared me to make my own minced meat mix; in which I have incorporated some interesting ingredients. This I now use in my sauces, lasagne, pasta bake etc. and the taste just never gets old.
In my next post, I intend to share a recipe using this very special ingredient.

IMG_00001701
Meatballs with a Twist



IMG_00001699
Ingredients: Egg, Apples, Jalapenos, Shallots
Ingredients
  • 2lb Fresh Beef Cutlets (Neck
  • 2 Shallots (coarsely chopped)
  • 2 Apples (unpeeled and quartered)
  • 1 Egg
  • 25g Jalapenos
  • 1tsp Chives
  • 1tsp Rosemary
  • 1tbsp Parsley
Methods
  1. Combine all ingredients into a food processor and grind on low speed setting until mixed through. You can determine how smooth you want the texture to be
  2. For meatballs, use a teaspoon as portion measure, roll in the palm of your hands into balls.
  3. Refrigerate until ready for cooking
Tip: You can be versatile with the meat combination depending on what texture and flavour you are going for.

No comments:

Post a Comment