|Celery and Stilton Soup|
For the last couple of days I have been battling with a bit of the sniffles. It is alot better now but in addition to the loss of appetite the worst symptom for me is the sore throat.
So part of my recovery plan right now is to make up for the lost nutrients and build up on my strength with the help of some of my trusty soup recipes. I just cannot afford to allow anything put a downer on my Christmas planning right now.
- 1/2 Head of Celery (chopped)
- 60g Stilton Cheese (crumbled)
- 2 small Baby Potatoes (diced)
- 10g Flour
- 25g Butter (melted)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 Garlic Clove (crushed)
- 170ml Double Cream
- 240ml Chicken Stock (or Vegetable)
- 60ml Dry White Wine (Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay or Cuvee)
- 1/4 tsp White Pepper
- Pinch of Black Pepper
- Heat butter in soup pot over medium heat
- Add celery, onion, garlic and potatoes and saute for about 5 minutes
- Add flour and stir continuously for a minute
- Add chicken stock, white wine, white pepper and black pepper
- Reduce heat and leave to simmer for 15 minutes. Stir intermittently.
- Add double cream and Stilton and stir in until Stilton is melted through
- Remove from heat and leave to stand for about 3-5 minutes
- Transfer into blender and liquidise till smooth
- Serve while hot
Tip: Increase volume of chicken stock if the consistency of this recipe is too thick.