Saturday 28 December 2013

Christmas Dinner 2013

Wow! It feels like I have been gone for about a minute.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas? I know I did! It was definitely time well spent with family and friends.
Being Christmas, the food was the absolute highlight. Amazing! This year the decision was made to veer off from the mainstream.The food this year was a reflection of  heritage and culture, which will be familiar to a select demographic of readers, but a new terrain for many others.

IMG_00001962
Fried Rice, Seafood Salad, Moi-Moi & Stewed Chicken & Beef


Everything served was a combination of some of the favourites I grew up with. Of course due to practicality reasons, some of the food were prepared about a day or 2 before Christmas day, for the sake of sanity ☺.
IMG_00001948
Slow Cooked Cow Leg Pepper Soup
IMG_00001912
Seafood Salad
IMG_00001918
Fried Plantain (Dodo)


Over the coming weeks, I will be featuring the recipes of these delicacies, hopefully allowing you to try them out for yourselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment