Most of my soup recipes were concocted from whatever the ingredients of the day happened to be. The Spicy Tomato and Chorizo Soup on offer today can be enjoyed anytime during the day, but especially on those cold rainy days. It will quite literally set fire to your veins ☺. I really hope you enjoy trying this out.
|Spicy Tomato & Chorizo Soup|
|Tomatoes, Chorizos, Peppers , Garlic, Chillies & Onions|
- 180g Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 100g Chorizo (diced)
- 1 Onion (quartered)
- 160g Leek (coarsely chopped)
- 200g Peppers
- 1 small Chilli (halved)
- 1 Chicken Stock cube
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 3 Garlic Cloves (crushed)
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Fresh Basil
- Pinch of Salt
- 250ml Water
|Boiled Leek and Basil|
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- To an oven tray, add cherry tomatoes, chorizo, chilli and peppers.
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the ingredients, and evenly coat throughout.
- Season with salt, paprika, sugar and black pepper and rub through the ingredients.
- Transfer to oven and allow to cook for 25 minutes
- Into a saucepan pour 250ml of water and add chicken stock cube and bring to boil.
- Add leeks and allow to simmer on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and basil.
- Cover with lid and remove from heat.
- Allow to rest for about 5-8 minutes.
- Remove ingredients from the oven and allow to rest for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer contents into a blender, add balsamic vinegar and blend until smooth.
- Serve with warm buttered bread roll or just enjoy by itself.
Note: For a lighter consistency, increase the volume of water used when boiling the leeks.
|Sizzling - Hot out of the oven|
Bon Apetit Folks!