Tuesday 29 October 2013

Creamy Avocado Sauce

My usual avocado go-to recipe is my signature guacamole (which I will share with you some time soon) - usually a trusty weekend starter.

IMG_00001215
Avocado Sauce
So I thought I would do something different with the avocados that had been awaiting my attention for the last couple of days.

This is an excellent accompaniment with grilled/roasted chicken, fish or chicken. The consistency allows for it to be used as a salad dressing, and the taste is flavoursome yet subtle enough not to be overpowering. But that's just me, you can decide to be as versatile with it as you want.

IMG_00001213


Ingredients
  • 1 Large Avocado (chopped)
  • 240ml Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 1 Handful Fresh Coriander
  • 1 Jalapeno (chopped)
  • 3 Garlic Cloves
  • 1 Lime Juice
  • 1 tbsp Honey
  • 1 tsp Ground Cumin
  • 2 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
  • 240ml Cup Water
  • Pinch of Salt
Method
  1. Place all ingredients into blender or food processor, and blend until smooth.
  2. Place in refrigerator and chill before serving.
IMG_00001214
Avocado Sauce

IMG_00001220
Accompanying some roast potatoes and chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment