Saturday 26 October 2013

Cheesy Sun-Dried Tomatoes Bread

IMG_00001192
Cheesy Sun-Dried Tomatoes Bread

I have found myself really craving "carbs" lately. At all times of the day! Probably a seasonal thing. So when this craving collided with my "baking bug", I decided to look up a recipe that I could easily work with.

This wonderful recipe was courtesy of the Good Food Magazine, and I particularly loved it because of its savoury taste. The most surprising thing was how easy it was to put together. I actually see myself making more home made bread in the future.
As soon as it came out of the oven, I could hardly wait for it to cool down for me to dig in. This went well splendidly with my left over Spicy Tomato and Chorizo Soup.

IMG_00001172
Chaos - Ingredients
IMG_00001173

Ingredients
  • 200g White Flour
  • 1tsp Salt
  • 3 tsp Baking Powder
  • 280ml Milk (Whole or semi-skimmed)
  • 1 tsp Lemon Juice
  • 3 Eggs
  • 1 tsp Tomato Paste
  • 2 tbsp Olive Oil
  • 50g Oil preserved Sun-dried Tomatoes (chopped)
  • 25g Parmesan Cheese (Grated)
IMG_00001175

Method
  1. Heat oven to 180 degrees C.
  2. Mix flour, salt and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
  3. In another mixing bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, lemon juice, tomato paste and olive oil.
  4. Fold egg mixture into the dry flour mixture.
  5. Mix gently until mixture is smooth. Giving a slurry consistent.
  6. Add sun-dried tomatoes and 12g of parmesan and stir.
  7. Pour mixture into bread tin and sprinkle the rest of the parmesan over the top.
  8. Place in oven and bake for 50 minutes.
  9. Remove from oven and check if bread is cooked through by inserting a knife in the middle. Knife will come out clean if cooked. If not return to oven for another 10 minutes.
  10. Remove from oven and turn out onto a wire rack to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment